Great North Bank’s enhanced Online Banking is here!
Enhanced Online Banking means easier navigation, enhanced security, and more features.
If you need technical assistance with Online Banking, please call us at 844.688.4844.
How will the enhancements benefit me?
With our new core, we will operate more efficiently and be able to provide you with more services. After June 11, 2018 banking on the go will be easier and more secure with enhanced transaction features, remote deposit for business banking, a new look and feel for online banking and more.
Will banking hours change during the enhancement?
Bank hours will remain the same during the upgrade which will take place Thursday 6/7 until Monday 6/11. During these times, Online Banking will be unavailable.
Bill Pay application will be unavailable from 6/6 through the morning of 6/11.
Customer support has been extended and will be available on Saturday, 6/9, by calling 844.688.4844. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions. We are here to help.
Will my account number and checking account number change?
No. Account numbers and checking account numbers will remain unchanged.
Debit cards will change. Customers will be reissued new debit cards. Please refer to your mailed notification for instructions.
Will Online Banking be affected during the conversion?
Online Banking will not be available June 7 through June 11. Once the conversion process is complete, our Online Banking will have security enhancements that will change the log-in process. Please refer to your mailed notification for instructions.
The following items will convert automatically: Account numbers, username, account nickname, bill payments (recurring and single payments) and payees.
These items will not convert automatically: Login password, alerts, scheduled transfers, and E-bills.
After signing into online banking for the first time, on or after June 11, mobile banking users will need to delete the old Great North Bank app and download Great North Bank’s new mobile app for iPhone, iPad, or Android from the Apple App store or Google Play Store.
What about Bank Statements?
Checking and savings accounts will receive a statement as of the end of business for June 7, 2018. Customers will also receive account statements as regularly scheduled. Every account holder will receive two statements for each account in June 2018.
Is there anything I should do?
Most of the enhancement process will take place behind the scenes. We recommend:
- Take note of when the enhancement is taking place. We will keep you informed via letters, email, and on our website.
- If your phone number has changed, please visit Online Banking and update your contact information.
- Adjust your recurring Online Bill Pay payments before June 6 (since Online Bill Pay will be affected by the conversion).
- If you use bill-pay and have payments scheduled during the conversion, please adjust those dates to either before or after the conversion.
- If you are an Online Banking customer, your user name will stay the same, but you will need to change your password. Information regarding this process is above. Login password, alerts, scheduled transfers, and E-bills will not automatically convert over.
Why is Great North Bank upgrading?
In an effort to improve our services, efficiency, and accommodate growth, we are upgrading our core and online banking systems. Our new system will allow us to offer you more capabilities, offerings, and enhance your experience with us. Our online banking and core enhancements will make your banking experience easier and more secure.
Will my account stay secure during the enhancement?
Yes, keeping your information secure and private is a top priority for us. The conversion process will not compromise your safety or the safety of your information in any way. The enhancements will make your online banking experience more secure.
What is a core processing system?
Our core processing system, also known as a core system, is the software that manages our major banking functions. These functions include:
- Opening and managing accounts
- Originating and serving loans
- Processing cash deposits/withdrawals
- Maintaining account holder info
- Processing transactions
- And more